Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Wednesday 090408

http://www.crossfitbrandx.com/index.php/forums/viewthread/6606/

Run 5 K

Okay, I'm not doing a 5K. There's just no way I can do this at this time. Instead, I tried to do a Puppy or Buttercup for 1-2 miles. To be honest I could barely even manage that. As a warm-up I walked at 2 mph at 3 degree incline for 1/10th of a mile. I don't know how long it took me, but I've been on my feet most of teh day and my legs are fairly limber since I haven't had a chance to rest.

For the main part of the run I did a series of "rounds" to help keep track of my progress and primarily to break up the monotony and give me a chance to catch my breath...

Round 1:
1) Walked at 3 degree incline for 1/10th of a mile at 3.5mph
2) Ran at 3 degree incline for 1/10th of a mile at 8mph
3) Ran at 3 degree incline for 1/10th of a mile at 6mph

Round 2:
1) Walked at 1.5 degree incline for 1/10th of a mile at 3.5mph
2) Ran at 1.5 degree incline for 1/10th of a mile at 8mph
3) Ran at 1.5 degree incline for 1/10th of a mile at 6mph

Round 3:
1) Walked at 0.5 degree incline for 1/10th of a mile at 3.5mph
2) Ran at 0.5 degree incline for 1/10th of a mile at 8mph
3) Ran at 0.5 degree incline for 1/10th of a mile at 7mph
4) Ran at 0.5 degree incline for 1/10th of a mile at 6mph
Note: I inserted another leg this round for shits & giggles, and to round out my mile at a run instead of walk. When I finished this round I was exactly at the 1 mile mark.

Round 4/Cool-down:
I dropped the incline and lowered the speed to 3mph and did another 1/10th of a mile. Then I lowered the speed to 2.5 mph until my hear-rate got under 120bpm. Overall I was on the treadmill for about 16 minutes and did 1.2 miles.

My goal is to work up to a 13 minute 1.5 mile run, so I've got a ways to go. Hopefully I'll be where I want for my PT test next month. If not then I'll be doing forced PT every month until I retest in 6 months (if not sooner).

No comments:

Post a Comment