Friday, April 10, 2009

Friday 090410

Today is interesting. We're maxing out on Shoulder Press, Squat, and Deadlift. They call this the "CrossFit Total".

http://www.crossfitbrandx.com/index.php/forums/viewthread/6629/

Back squat, 1 rep
Shoulder Press, 1 rep
Deadlift, 1 rep


My lifts were as follows:

Back Squat: 365
Shoulder Press: 200
Deadlift: 350

My CrossFit Total: 915

Not too bad for only doing this for a week!


Worth noting is I was out with some friends bar hopping last night and I missed a step a few times because I wasn't paying attention. At the end of the night my left knee was killing me as I guess I must have tweaked it at one point. So now my knee is nice and stiff today. Still, it didn't stop me from doing my lifts. Just a note for myself later that I sucked it up and still worked out. This reminds me, for warm-up I did 5 minutes on the treadmill and did a few light weight lifts slowly increasing the weight prior to going for my max.

Also, just an FYI about going out last night, I did limit my alcohol to 2 drinks and resisted the temptation to eat glorious 1am pizza. No, I held the course. Yay for small wins. Speaking of which, it's time for lunch :)

No comments:

Post a Comment