Sunday, April 12, 2009

Sunday 090412

Well today pretty much sucked. I got some well needed rest, but the gym was closed for the holiday and I didn't get to work out. I even ran all over trying to find my pull-up bar, but Walmart didn't have what I was looking for, another Walmart was closed, Target was closed, and Dick's Sporting Goods was closed. So now I'm faced with a dilemma:

Option A: I do today's workout tomorrow and push everything back a day

Option B: I skip today's WOD and just continue as normal

Option C: I do today's workout in the morning and then tomorrow's WOD after class.

I'm thinking C. Doubly so since I just pigged out a while ago and feel pretty bad about it.

Today's Workout of the Day, straight from the main site at www.crossfit.com:

30 Muscle-ups for time

If you cannot do the muscle-ups do 120 pull-ups and 120 dips.

I like that they have an alternative if you don't have rings available, although I think that's a wee too much for most folks. Thankfully the Brand X people are on the case:

BrandX:
http://www.crossfitbrandx.com/index.php/forums/viewthread/6643/

The Porch:
As Rx’d
If you cannot do a muscle up use a 4/1 ratio.
120 pull ups 120 dips
or
2/1 ratio seated muscle ups
60 seated muscle ups

Wow. Same as the main site. Looks like Puppies it is.

Puppies:
For time:
10 Muscle-ups
If you cannot do the muscle-ups do 40 jumping pull-ups and 40 bench dips or 20 squat muscle ups.

That's much more reasonable ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment